Expressing gratitude is one of the most important things you can do to empower yourself and better your life. By showing that you are thankful for all that is around you, the universe will reward you with similar enlightening occurrences. Some might even claim that having and showing gratitude is the secret to health, wealth, and everlasting success. No matter who or where you are currently in your life, practicing gratitude can and will make a difference to help launch you in the best direction possible.
Without getting too 'out there' in terms of Quantum physics and The Law of Attraction, I will skip the deeper stuff and instead give you examples on ways to improve your vibrational frequency by practicing gratitude daily.
- Count your blessings - Every morning when you first wake up, write a list of at least 10 things that you are currently thankful for. Briefly explain why you are grateful for them and thank them accordingly.
- Write thank you notes - Take a few minutes to write a thank you note (or several) to someone who has helped or inspired you. List the reasons why you love them and all that you are grateful for. You don't even have to send the letter to them! The act of writing your gratitude is enough.
- Meditate on gratitude - Try sitting for a couple of minutes each day and just think about the things that you love and are thankful to have in your life. Start with 3 minutes and work your way up, a couple minutes more each day. Ideally, it's best to meditate around 15-20 minutes per day.
- Keep a gratitude journal - Write daily about the things in your life that you are grateful for. You can take the journal with you and write down events as they take place. Or you can leave it by your bedside and write a nightly synopsis of your wonderful days.
- Give up complaining - Complaining is one of the most draining and negative thought-producing things you can do. Try to vow not to complain (or at least take notice of when you are and try to change!). Do this for a week to see how much better and more positive you feel!