A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Just in case you need a reminder, Mother's Day is this Sunday May 8th. Mother's Day is typically the second Sunday in May in many countries. Time to do something very special for the mom's in your life. Here is a little bit of trivia about Mother's Day:
- 96% of American consumers celebrate Mother's Day
- Mother's Day is typically the peak day for long distance telephone calls
- Mother's Day is the busiest day of the year for most restaurants
- American's buy 140 million cards for Mother's Day
- There approximately 83 million mothers in the United States (better eat your veggies!!)
- 48% of people say that they are friends with their moms on Facebook
- The National Retail Federation approximates the total spending for Mother's Day will be about 14 billion dollars! That's a lot of flowers, perfume and cards!!!
On Mother's Day, we devote various activities in honor of Mom. Most take mom out for dinner, take the weekend off, play games, etc. It's a weekend where pretty much anything that mom wants or needs is attended to. Mothers are special but we all know that. They feed us, clothe us, care for us, encourage us and love us unconditionally. This weekend, show mom some love. Do something special for her and say "thanks" for all that she has done for you.
Make her breakfast in bed. Watch her favorite movie. Do something you know she loves but ordinarily wouldn't have time for.
And don't forget to keep it clean.....you wouldn't want Mom to clean up your mess this weekend, would you?