- Odontophobia is the fear of teeth.
- The average person spends 2 weeks of their life stuck at traffic lights.
- During his or her lifetime, an average person will grow 590 miles of hair.
- A group of owls is called a parliament.
- An earthquake on December 16th, 1811 caused parts of the Mississippi River to flow BACKWARDS! (how cool would it have been to see THAT!)
- The size of your foot is the distance from your elbow to your wrist.
- The only letter in the alphabet with more than one syllable is "W".
- There are more dogs than children in the city of Paris.
- The Statue of Liberty wears a size 879 sandal.
- If you bite down on a Wint-O-Green Lifesaver in the dark, you can see SPARKS!
- A hippo can open it's mouth wide enough to hold a 4 foot child inside.
- Look at your zipper. See the initials YKK? It stands for Yoshida Kogyo Kabushibibaisha, the world's largest zipper manufacturer.
- A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
- Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to slow a film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
- Your brain is more active when sleeping than watching TV.
- "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
- The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year!
- Porcupines float in water!
- The most powerful electric eel is found in the rivers of Brazil, Columbia, Venezuela, and Peru, and produces a shock of 400-650 volts.
- The mask used by Michael Myers in the original 'Halloween' was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
- Washing machines use about 22% of the water consumed in the average American home
- Clothes washers account for 93% of lost socks in a typical American household.
- The clothes dryer is typically the second-biggest electricity using appliance in a household after the refrigerator.
Friday, May 20, 2011
Bits o' Randomness
Today's blog is all about random facts. Fun little tidbits of information that you can use to impress your friends and family!