Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Easy Weeknight (Dessert) Recipe: Pineapple Crumble

   I love a dessert that is easy to throw together with ingredients I already have on hand. Nothing pleases me more than transforming a few simple items into something extraordinarily delicious. The other night I found myself craving something sweet, but it being the day before grocery day, I was left with little options to choose from. So I grabbed a few ingredients from the pantry and fridge, mixed them up together and tossed it into the oven. The results were nothing short of amazing. ;)


   Simple Pineapple Crumble
 
You will need:
  • Pineapple, sliced and diced (I used one whole pineapple but in a pinch you could use canned, just drain the liquid first. Also, feel free to substitute ANY fruit in place of the pineapple. :))
  • 1-2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
  • 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 1 Cup Flour 
  • 1/4 Cup + 2-4 Teaspoons Butter, diced small
To Make:
 
   First you want to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.  Next, "grease" your oven-safe dish or ramekins (I used two ramekins for single serving desserts) with butter. Toss your diced pineapple (or other fruit) with the 2 tbs brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Pour into the dish or separate equally  into each ramekin. For the topping, mix together equal parts brown sugar and flour. Then add the diced, cold butter and cinnamon. Using a fork or your hands, mash the butter into the dried mixture. You will want to do this until all of the topping has some butter and is crumbly. I used my hands and just "massaged" the butter into the dry ingredients until it was all incorporated. Spoon the topping over each ramekin or the entire baking dish. Top with a few teaspoons of sliced butter and bake for about 30-35 minutes, until topping is brown and the sides are bubbling. Let cool slightly and enjoy with vanilla ice cream!


   I hope you enjoy this weeks' recipe and let us know if you try it with any other fruit in the comments section below! Thank you and have a great week! Like always, keep it clean!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment